Saturday, June 29, 2013

Clif

Jenni and I have dedicated our walk to Clif and Jenni's Grandma as well as other we have lost. Along the way we stopped in various churches to light candles and say a prayer for them. We feel as if they are with us on this walk and their spirit carries us through the blisters and aching feet.

Clif was laid to rest today and though we could not be there for the service we could feel his presence with us now.

There are few people you will come across where the moment you meet them it is as if they have always been your best friend. Clif was that type of guy. His infectious laughter, love of sports, and passion for others define who Clif was.

One of the things Clif was known for was his hospitality. He made it his mission to ensure everyone was well fed and having a good time. From being formally titled as Snack Master during the trip to Utah where he fell for the love of his life to making the non-sports person like me enjoy every game I went to with him. Clif was a master at finding just the right thing to ensure everyone had what they needed; a joke, snack, or a shoulder to lean on.

When I think of ways to honor Clif the best one I can think of is that we make it a point to stay in touch and have fun together. I can share many stories about Clif as can everyone here, but what I think he would want more than me reminiscing all my best memories to you all right now would be that we make a point to reconnect with one another and share our stories together.

We love you Clif. Your presence is missed but your spirit will be with us always.


No comments:

Post a Comment